Smile plays an important role when you are out to make a first good impression. Whether going on a date or for the interview, a perfect smile adds that extra bit to your confidence. A lovely pair of shining teeth can have a positive outcome.
Post 2010, there has been lesser cases of tooth decay in India, claim dentists. If it seems good news then what follows up is as bad. Many people still raise objections to attending parties and events just because they are afraid to eating publicly.
An Alluring Smile
In the past year, an increasing number of patients have shown keenness towards obtaining not just a healthy but charming smile. Well, that’s not surprising considering what an attractive smile can do to your morale. At the same time dentists have been able to come up with new techniques, thanks to the constant evolution of technology.
Along with helping patients get the desired smile, these groundbreaking techniques are also helping patients who get nervous just with the mention of visiting a dentist because they significantly reduce pain that some treatments involve.
Oral Hygiene is important
Staying true to your oral health is the essence of a lovely smile. Today’s toothpastes are very efficient. Most of them contain fluoride, which strengthens teeth and protect them from decaying. Dentists suggest brushing your teeth twice a day. In addition, you can double it up with floss.
Trials are on full run for a particular instrument that promises to change the way cavities for fillings are cleaned out. A new set of chemicals are being used and it takes about half an hour for the procedure to complete. So far, lab trails have been extremely effective with no signs of side-effects, claim dentists.
What are the latest techniques?
Avoid These Things
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are proving to be a top-notch solution for people desiring brighter teeth. Even diabetics who take longer time to heal are vouching for these implants. Dentists are making an effective use of titanium implants which helps in restoring full smile. However, dentists say one should never forget the basic rules of good oral health i.e. to brush twice a day.
- Teeth Whitening: This procedure outnumbers any other dental treatment today. Latest techniques including lasers are used to activate a bleaching gel that takes off the stains. This procedure is fast and takes only 1-2 hours depending upon the level of stains. It is cost-effective and lasts till the patient starts smoking or consuming excess coffee.
- Energy Drinks: Sports drinks may give you the necessary boost but dentists have some other news to share regarding these. Energy drinks cause as much damage to teeth as coffee or smoking. Exposure to these can affect your oral health.
- Too Much Alcohol: People who consume alcohol in large quantities are thrice more likely to encounter serious gum disease as compared to those who occasionally drink.
- Cigarettes or Cigars: Smoking in any form is not friendly for bones supporting teeth. It poses a serious threat to gums as well. Dentists say, if you smoke, you are bound to get affected.